- This event has passed.
October 17 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Hi there folks
This is the 2nd of the 6 in the series.
Just a quick reminder of the guidance for the Noirmont event .
1 Please encourage the runner to enjoy the event and not worry about their place. Running isn’t a precise science and nor is it that easy as it involves stamina, strength and determination so please suggest Fun as the primary goal and not performance.
2. Please do not arrive if your child is ill. One parental spectator is much preferred given our Covid risk and control assessment.
3. The Gazebo will be located near the car park for start/finish area. The area is beautiful and part of our island National Park lands under environmental control. Please respect it by staying on the pathways which are a lot wider this year. Our thanks to the team at Environment department for permission and support.
3. Please bring your series number with pins and check in for race at the Gazebo at the designated time in the below timetable. If you haven’t yet got a number it shall be supplied. A donation and extreme apologies is needed if you have lost the number we gave just 3 weeks ago. It creates extra and unnecessary work – we are volunteers.
4. Please keep at least 2 metres in the Queue. Bring your own hand sanitiser and face mask and use it when you are close and face to face with check in.
5. To keep the event safe we need Marshals just to direct the runners the correct way and report any problems. We shall need about 6 I think.
6. Please do not “ stay within 20 metres to the Gazebo or the start or finish. Spread out and watch from distance.
7. Each race will have a lead runner (Jess or Bruno) for 1 lap but you child will be briefed at the start line about the course and respecting any dog walkers and their dogs. There are some details of the outline course in attachments. There may be a few tweaks on the day but broadly speaking the under 9 and 11 run close to the car park and northern end of the common on the new wide paths, along the fence which is east perimeter to headland and then cut back in to the start/finish near car park. The Under 13 upwards use a larger loop and cross the road at the Gun near point and where Portelet common is found on the west side. Under 15 upwards shall do the same course, 1 medium loop (under 11) and 1 long loop.
8. Please leave promptly after your child’s race. We shall award medals quickly and give spot vouchers.
9. Please help dismantle the course markings and return to the Van.
|Under 9 age group check in and walk the course 11:20|
|Under 9 Girls||12:00pm||race start|
|Under 9 Boys||12:10 PM||race start|
|Under 11 age group check in and walk the course 11:50|
|Under 11 Girls||12:30pm||race start|
|Under 11 Boys||12:45 PM||race start|
|Under 15/17 age groups check in & walk the course 12:20pm|
|U15/17 Boys & Girls||1:15 PM||race start|
|Under 13 age group check in and walk the course 1:15pm|
|Under 13 Girls||1:55pm||race start|
|Under 13 Boys||2:15 PM||race start|
Chris, Carly, Gary and a whole plethora of helpers